Unsolicited Writings

Monday, September 11, 2006

 
Something to do with the Gulf Stream, maybe.
You can screw up the difficulty, you know.
These he opened, glanced at, and handed to Lamancha.
Lamancha consulted the atlas again and appeared to ponder. How do you manage to get
fresh sea-fish here?
The troops had achieved their silentconcentration, and the silly business must now
begin.
I cant go through the rest ofmy life dragging my wing. He and his attorneys letter
put my hackles up. I never want to lookthe ugly brutes in the face again. He cast a
sharp glance at the others face.
Were too old to be listening to the chimesat midnight.
It will be rather awkwardfor me to take a hand.
Nice position for agentleman and a Christian! They come from Inverlarrig, Sir
Erchibald,said the butler.
I must say, you do usvery well, he told his host. Democracy, anyhow, is a good
example to us.
Ive choked off visitors at Crask for a bit, for theold lady will put it all round
the country-side. I suppose its no good trying to make youtake a fee?
These he opened, glanced at, and handed to Lamancha.
He just comes wi his powny and awa back,and doesna bide twae minutes. Leithen
groaned,and anathematised the memory of Jim Tarras. I suppose you realise what Ive
done,you fellows.
If you want as much as he wants, you dontsuffer from tedium.
Leithen had the air of bowing to the inevitable.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   February 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?