Unsolicited Writings

Thursday, September 07, 2006

 
People are coming down in parachutes, said the Colonel shortly. He paused a moment
in meditation and then went on. As for not coming here, the thing seemsquite
unthinkable.
All Ive done so far was possible and prosaic.
Takes a devilish lot more trouble to do it alone, said Crane.
By the way, I forgot to tell you, he said, I had a letter fromWhite yesterday.
I pointed out to everybody that it was, as it were, an approximate pug.
Joan thinks Im an awful humbug, and right she is;I am what has been called a happy
hypocrite.
I have stormed heaven, but still I am not so bad. What would yousay if I turned the
world upside down and set my foot uponthe sun and moon?
That anybody should forbid YOU to do anything.
I think I see an openingfor a brisk young man in the ham and pork business.
You neednt be frightened; I promise I wont trouble you againtill it succeeds.
You must at least let me write to you everyhour or so. And I think I know what it
was he wanted. The other laws, said Pierce, are certainly arbitrary, but youdo not
altogether do them justice. You see, mine will be rathercurious presents.
This, the most unmistakably mellow of all mediaeval buildings,may soon be only a
memory. Well, weve had a very good meeting in the Masonic Hall,said the agent
cheerfully. Could you let me look at that cutting for a moment?
What a thing ishorse-sense, and how much finer really than the poetry of Pegasus!
BUT you cant help liking me, he repeated in a hollow voice.
He had caught hold of her by the hands; but she still laughedas she answered.
He sprang up on the wall again and stood there staring down at heralmost indignantly.
He looked up and his eye caught the blue heraldic shapeon the sign-board of the inn.
Do sit down, theres a good fellow, and dont stamp about like that.
When the real revolution happens,it wont be mentioned in the newspapers.
Low coming out of it, buttoned up ina fur coat and bursting with speechless
efficiency. Oh, Im all against the new rules, answered the young man coolly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   February 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?