Unsolicited Writings

Friday, September 08, 2006

 
Going to do a lot of heavy thinkin, Ibelieve you told me. Andthe way Leslies looking
at me, I suppose I ought to add, I had a nicetime. I suggest first of all, you get
lay ofland. Miss Meecher, you are in receipt of Trouble? You remember, Hughie, said
the girl, I told you Id seen somebodyleaving the house. An instructor of physics at
the University of California, in Berkeley.
An if you cave in on thpoint, I reckon I kin cave with you. Sounds pretty active for
the inspector, smiled Holt. Would he thenhave departed, leaving door unlocked for
any passer-by to enter?
But what inSam Hill will you do with yourself? He despises him, and with manygood
reasons.
Cash had just entered with Leslie Beaton and her brother.
But one way or theother, Mister, youre tellin.
None save that of Doctor Swans unexpected passing, about which you haveno doubt heard.
Inspector Chan Says No Tree in Forest Bears Cooked Rice.
And kindly give my best regards to the anxious little dog. Then he shut off his
light, and put it in his pocket.
He leaped briskly to his feet, and led the way to the room above. It seems Romano is
already intouch with them.
I suggest first of all, you get lay ofland.
In a few moments John Ryder came down the stairs, carefully groomed asalways, remote
and aloof.
Going to do a lot of heavy thinkin, Ibelieve you told me. Quickly he led the sheriff
to the locked door on the second floor. And in my room last night, he said, you,
yourself, hinted at knowingsomething, too. This may yet prove very pleasant spring
for you.
I suggest first of all, you get lay ofland.
Delay one moment, if you will be so good, he said in Cantonese. He then sealed the
flap, and handed the big envelope tothe sheriff. It bears, you will note, an address
in Berkeley.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   February 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?