Unsolicited Writings

Sunday, August 20, 2006

 
The little horse broke into a trot and, at a second blow from thewhip, into a gallop.
I wanted to see the man punished, Ruth cried in despair. It might even happen that
therewas more than one ministers widow in the parish.
A curtainmoved in the window; and behind the pane trembled a leonine head.
Abe will hear of it in anycase: the question is merely from whom.
Ruth, too, would be willing togive and to take.
At the stable, Ruth and the doctor remained in their seats whileAbe fetched the horse.
Next, Henry Topps yard, unchangedin all these years.
A fourth, a boy five years youngerthan Steen, survived.
I do not wish to go against your wishes; butI cannot act against my own judgment.
He had lived to himself and had hadto learn that it could not be done.
Abe will hear of it in anycase: the question is merely from whom. That a man can do
as he pleases, living the life of thebeast within him.
That a man can do as he pleases, living the life of thebeast within him. But Ive
promised, if yourefuse, Ill run myself.
That a man can do as he pleases, living the life of thebeast within him.
I want to tell you why I gave up my practice.
I know what I should do; I think I know what he willdo.
Slim Topp said at last with an embarrassed grin. Shall his example stand for all
time to come? Alighting at the little gate near the house, Abe said with
sombresobriety, Go in.
Seeing Abe, he broke into a sort of gallop to intercepthim.
Theordinarily deserted platform burst into momentary life.
He looked likean irresistible force of nature; and his composure seemed uncanny. No
memory of Marie Curz seemsto have entered into the world of his imagination. When I
arrived, after a drive of fifteen miles, I found acompetent nurse in the house.
A shudder ran down Abes spine at the sound; and Ruth paled.
As a child Steen Blicher must have imbibed a greatdeal of this robber lore. Outside,
there was whispering and excited talk.
The deep, trench-like frown on his brow made him look formidable.
The little horse broke into a trot and, at a second blow from thewhip, into a gallop.
I was called in as a consultant; a doctor from St. If he were, Id make himmarry the
girl and keep him straight.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   February 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?